History buffs will enjoy exploring Sudbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its spas and rivers. A top sight in the area is Colchester Zoo.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Sudbury
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 24.3 mi (39 km) away
Getting around Sudbury
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Sudbury Station. Sudbury may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sudbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Sudbury each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C