Families will find kid-friendly activities in Portmarnock, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include 3Arena, Bord Gáis Energy Theatre and Garden of Remembrance.
- You'll find 818 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Portmarnock
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dublin Portmarnock Station. Portmarnock might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Portmarnock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Portmarnock is 759 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C