Travellers to Munich give high marks for the breweries, fascinating museums and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, churches and shopping. Top sights in the city include Marienplatz, English Garden and Church of Our Lady.
- There are 575 hotels and other accommodation options in Munich
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city centre
Getting around Munich
With so many ways to get around, seeing Munich is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Central U-Bahn, Karlsplatz Station and Lenbachplatz Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Munich Central Station, Donnersbergerbrücke Station or Heimeranplatz Station.
Dressing for Munich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Munich gets about 951 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C