Visitors can enjoy all that Morioka has to offer including the museums, monuments and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Morioka
- The closest major airport is in Hanamaki (HNA-Iwate - Hanamaki), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Akita (AXT), 49.2 mi (79.2 km) away
Getting around Morioka
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Morioka Station. Morioka might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Morioka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 1205 millimetres of rain falls on Morioka each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C