Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Balbriggan, which is also known for its beaches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Malahide Castle, Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre and National Botanic Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 842 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Balbriggan
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Balbriggan Station. Balbriggan might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Balbriggan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Balbriggan is 759 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C