Travellers to Wollongong give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Wollongong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Getting around Wollongong
With so many choices for transport, exploring Wollongong is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wollongong Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Wollongong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Wollongong gets about 1188 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 8°C