- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
Overview of The Magellan Sutera Resort
Choose dates to view prices
Deluxe Garden View
Deluxe Sea View
Magellan Club Sea View
Magellan Executive Suite
Magellan Club Suite
Deluxe Garden View (Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei Residents Only)
Magellan Club Sea View (Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei Residents Only)
Deluxe Sea View (Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei Residents Only)
Magellan Club Suite (Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei Residents Only)
Magellan Executive Suite (Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei Residents Only)
About this area
Located on a private beach, The Magellan Sutera Resort is in Downtown Kota Kinabalu neighbourhood and is connected to the convention centre. Sutera Harbour and Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Imago Shopping Mall and Centre Point. Travelling with kids? Consider Anjung Samudera and Sedco Square.
- Sutera Harbour - 9 min walk
- Sabah State Mosque - 20 min walk
- Imago Shopping Mall - 7 min drive
- Anjung Samudera - 7 min drive
- Kompleks Asia City - 7 min drive
- Tanjung Aru Station - 5 min drive
- Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.) - 12 min drive
- Where to eat
- Al Fresco – Ocean-view fine-dining restaurant offering Mediterranean cuisine. Serves lunch and dinner.
- Ferdinand's – Fine-dining restaurant offering Italian cuisine. Serves dinner.
- Five Sails – Buffet restaurant offering Malaysian cuisine. Open daily.
- Tarik's Lobby Lounge – Pool-view lobby lounge. Serves light fare.
About this property
The Magellan Sutera Resort
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Payment types at the property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: MYR 66 for adults and MYR 33 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: MYR 180.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Had a great time here...apart from the whistle blowing life guards. I felt they were a bit over the top. I also had an allergic reaction to jelly fish larvae bites(jelly bugs) that I got on a snorkeling trip booked through the hotel. The guide advised there were stingers but I reacted badly. The hotel did not know what was wrong and recommended going to the hospital. We were flying to Sandakan so I was unable to do this. In Sandakan I went to the doctors and was advised it was chicken pox. It was only at the lovely Turtle Island that the life guard put vinegar on my bites which were on my legs and arms and torso. they were all blistered and incredibly itchy. He was outraged that the snorkel guide in KK had not advised me to do this. So my one issue with the hotel is that they did not recognize what this could have been. I did mention the bites while snorkeling.