History buffs will enjoy exploring Belfast, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, lively bar scene and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its gardens, university and shopping. Top sights in the city include Belfast City Hall, Grand Opera House and St. Anne's Cathedral.
- There are 236 hotels and other accommodation options in Belfast
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) away
Getting around Belfast
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Belfast Central Station. Belfast may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Belfast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Belfast each year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C