Travellers to Bangkok give high marks for the temples, shopping and important monuments. Urban and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its restaurants, museums and bars. Top sights in the city include Odeon Circle, Temple of the Emerald Buddha and Wat Pho.
- There are 2882 hotels and other accommodation options in Bangkok
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 14.9 mi (24.1 km) away
Getting around Bangkok
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Bangkok is simple. Nearby metro stations include Siam BTS Station, Rachathewi BTS Station and National Stadium BTS Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Bangkok Makkasan Station, Yommarat or Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station.
Dressing for Bangkok
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 20°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 20°C as the night-time average
- About 1387 millimetres of rain falls on Bangkok each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°C