Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Lecco, which is also known for its mountains and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cathedral. Top sights around the area include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Lecco
- The closest major airport is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 20 mi (32.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 25.3 mi (40.6 km) away
Getting around Lecco
With so many transport options, seeing Lecco is simple. Head to Lecco Maggianico Station to catch the metro. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Lecco Station. You can ride a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Lecco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Lecco each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C