- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Overview of Hotel Wakamizu
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
Book with confidence knowing you'll have flexibility if plans change.
Single Room, Shared Bathroom
Single Room, Private Bathroom
Room with Tatami Area
Japanese-Style Economy Room
Japanese-Style Standard Room
Japanese-Style Superior Room
Japanese-Style Deluxe Room
Japanese-Style Deluxe Room with Open-Air Bath
Comfort Suite, 2 Bedrooms, Non Smoking, Private Bathroom
Junior Studio Suite
About this area
Hotel Wakamizu is located on a river and in an area with good shopping. Kobe Tower and Umeda Sky Building are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Mount Rokko and Expo Commemoration Park. Check out an event or a game at Hanshin Koshien Stadium, and consider making time for Kidzania Koshien Theme Park, a top attraction not to be missed.
- Arima Hot Springs - 9 min drive
- Mount Rokko - 12 min drive
- Rokkosan Ski Area - 16 min drive
- Hanshin Koshien Stadium - 31 min drive
- Kidzania Koshien Theme Park - 34 min drive
- JR Takarazuka Station - 6 min walk
- Arima Onsen Station - 11 min drive
- Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 52 min drive
- Where to eat
- Sazanka – Restaurant offering Japanese cuisine.
About this property
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- If you are planning to arrive after 7:30 PM, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Children age 2 and younger stay free only when sharing a bed with an adult and using existing bedding. Meals and futons are not included in the room rate for children who stay free.<br />Children booked in Breakfast Included or Half Board rate plans who require extra futons or meals are charged the following fees at the property: JPY 7020 for half board meals, JPY 3780 for breakfast, or 50% of the adult room rate for a futon and meals (halfboard or breakfast, depending on rate plan booked). The extra futon fee is JPY 4980 for children age 2 and younger booked in any rate plan. For details, contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cots (infant beds) are not available.
Payment types accepted at this property
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Hotel Wakamizu Takarazuka
- Hotel Wakamizu
- Wakamizu Takarazuka
- Hotel Wakamizu Ryokan
- Hotel Wakamizu Takarazuka
- Hotel Wakamizu Ryokan Takarazuka
Fantastic hotel and onsen
This hotel was a short walk from the Takarazuka station, which is easily accessible from Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, and Itami Airport. There were plenty of things to do near the hotel with lots of nearby shopping, the Takarazuka Grand Theater (an all female acting troupe), and Tezuka Osamu Museum (which was amazing and only 700yen entry). At the hotel the service was amazing from beginning to end. I was able to drop off my bags several hours before check-in and the staff delivered them to my room. The check-in itself was very thorough with a detailed description and walk-through of amenities. The staff spoke English very well and were able to meet all of my needs during my stay. The room itself was large enough (about average for a Western style room in Japan), but very clean and comfortable. A yukata, towel, sock, slippers, and coat were supplied for use during my stay. The onsen were very nice, one indoor and one outdoor, with several washing stalls. In the changing space there were bath towels for drying, baskets for storing belongings, lockers for valuables, two massage chairs, tables for relaxing and drinking tea, and several seats with lotions, cosmetics, and other amenities to care for your skin after the bath (all of which were for sale at the gift shop). I didn't have a chance to try the restaurant or bar (I did notice a sign that mentioned a 1500yen table service charge at the bar, so I decided against trying it), but I'm sure that the service was consistently great.
Pros: I really enjoyed the onsen, service, and location.
Cons: I was put off by the table service charge at the bar and nobody was available for early check-out.
Location: There is lots of nearby shopping, the Takarazuka Grand Theater , and Tezuka Osamu Museum.