Travellers to Docklands give high marks for the bustling port and fun sporting events. The welcoming and urban setting also entices those visiting the city. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Etihad Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Getting around Docklands
With so many transport options, seeing all of Docklands is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Spencer Street Station. You can explore your options for water transport at the local port.
Dressing for Docklands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Docklands is 12 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C