With the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak, traveling now comes with more challenges than in the past. Keep in mind these helpful tips before boarding your flight to Kedah:
- Find out if any restrictions apply to both your destination and origin. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so check before you book.
- You’re required to wear a face mask at the airport, even at screening checkpoints. Be ready to lower your mask for identification purposes when asked by a TSA officer.
- To reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination, position your boarding pass on the reader yourself and then hold it up for inspection. Do not hand your pass directly to a TSA officer.
- One container of liquid hand sanitizer is now allowed in your carry-on baggage. It must be no bigger than 12 oz (350 ml), and you’ll have to remove it from your bag for X-ray scanning.
- Empty everything from your pockets, like your wallet, keys and phone, and place them in your carry-on rather than into bins. This will reduce handling during the screening process.
- If you’re taking food on the plane with you, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA officer will need to handle your food container or carry-on bag for inspection.