Visiting West Melbourne
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in West Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and cafes. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Etihad Stadium.
- You'll find 1715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) away
Getting around West Melbourne
Head over to North Melbourne Station for metro transport. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for West Melbourne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on West Melbourne each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C