Visiting East Melbourne
Families will find kid-friendly activities in East Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, beautiful gardens and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Museum.
- You'll find 1718 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) away
Getting around East Melbourne
Make your way to Jolimont Station for metro transport. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for East Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on East Melbourne each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 5°C